5/04/2009

Birfday!

So, yesterday was birthday.  I wasn't planning on doing anything special since mom is in Nicaragua and because I didn't HAVE to do anything.  I was really looking forward to it!  And I got it.  I slept in until about 11 and when I woke up, I had 2 missed calls.  Being my normal self, I didn't check messages or anything until about 12:30 pm.  I had missed 2 more calls while I was just messing around on the computer.

I got nifty birthday messages from my mom (and Thomas), my dad, my aunt and uncle and Mikey.  They were absolutely wonderful!  I also had tons of facebook messages from a lot of people.  I guess since I had always done birthday with the family, I never realized how many good friends I had.  On top of that, when I had to go to my mentor meeting with Thomas, he gave me the cutest card with the sweetest message inside.  I also happened to get my birthday card from Aunt Lori and Gammy the night before (which included a $50 Starbucks giftcard) so I'm working on my card collection.

Then, when I got to the room, the door was double-bolted!  I was soo confused, but when I knocked, Allegra let me in to show me that she had set up a little birthday "surprise."  She had cleaned the dishes (which I hate doing) and made the counter up with little star confetti (I kept it), a tissue paper crane (nifty looking it was), my presents (3 Kit-Kats and 2 little stuffed sheep) and a really sweet note.  I was shocked.  Not because it was out of character, but because I honestly wasn't expecting it.  So then we had some cake to celebrate and it was definitely still yummy!

After that, I had made plans to meet with Ali (and to meet her mother) real quick so I could get my present from her.  She'd been teasing me all week with it, so I was really excited.  I expected it to me some earrings like her mother made, because I know that I've talked about how I envy her jewelry, but I get some home-made brownies with cream-cheese icing!  Which was sooo much better!  Not to knock the jewelry or anything, but because chocolate is always bueno!  Haha.

So now, I have chocolate cake, brownies and kit-kats sitting in the fridge.  Apparently all my friends want me to get fat for my birthday.  Lol.

Then later in the evening, my mom called!  It's really expensive to make international calls and they can only do it in the cities, but I was sooo glad to hear from her!  But she sounds like she's having fun so I'm happy for her.  And now, we have the start of the last week of school for my freshman year...

No comments:

Post a Comment