5/01/2009

Birthday Dinners and Amazing Friends

My birthday is on Sunday and I wanted to do something to celebrate with my friends.  I hate being alone on my birthday and like to spend it surrounded with friends.  So I made plans to go go-karting and putt putting on Thursday (when it was 50% off) at Austin's Park and Pizza.

Needless to say, life got in the way.  I invited Allegra, Ali and Joanna to accompany me on this adventure.  However, Ali ended up needing to study for a quiz, which was no big because grades always come first and Joanna needed to be back by 7 for a study session for a mid-term she had today.  We didn't end up leaving the Castilian until 4:15 which means we really didn't get to my truck (our means of transportation) until around 4:40.  When we finally embarked, we hit traffic which slowed us down significantly.

I decided that it would be more economical and time-saving if we just went out to dinner.  Not that I didn't want to go eat Mexican food.  Which I did.  Because I haven't had good Mexican food in a long while.  Lol.  So we went to Chuy's, which turned out to be fun, despite the really small booths.  Joanna, as per usual, got quesadillas, and Allegra and I split nachos and fajita enchilada's (which ended up being too spicy for me to eat anyway).  We finished dinner in about an hour, which gave us plenty of time to get back on time for Joanna's study session.

Note to self:  Best birthday gift for Joanna is sopapillas.  With cinnamon.  And powered sugar.  End note.

I don't think we used the Tom-Tom (my wonderful gift from my Aunt and grandmother for my birthday) to get back to the Castilian, and just relied on Allegra's directions, which managed to get us back to I-35.

Needless to say it was a fun and well-spent evening.

Then, this morning I woke up at 6 a.m. to finish some homework that I didn't complete the night before.  Upon stepping (or jumping) out of bed, my foot decided to scream in agony and attempted to collapse under me.  No drama intended.  It just hurt that much.  Considering that I couldn't walk across the room without being in immense pain, walking to classes was out of the question.  So I emailed my professors and went back to sleep.

When I woke up, I was not feeling much better and my foot still hurt.  So when Joanna called (called, not texted) to see if I wanted to go to lunch with her slash just sit with her while she ate, I explained why I could not.  And then she did the most amazing thing!  After she was done eating, she came up to the room and told me she was going to bring me food!  And she did!  It was the nicest thing that someone has done for me in a while.  I am so grateful and lucky that I have such amazing friends.  I love having friends like this.  :)

P.S.  As a sad side-note, I didn't get Rapoport, but I don't feel too depressed about it.  I can't decide if I'm in shock and haven't accepted it or I just know that everything will work itself out.  Oh well.  Only time will truly tell.

3 comments:

  1. Wait, what happened to your foot? Are you going to be ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My foot is okay now. I had "stress fracture" which means it hurt like the devil, but there was really nothing I could do. Lol.

    ReplyDelete