5/23/2009

Starting Summer off on the Right Foot

So summer has started.  And I can easily say that it has been highly anticipated.  Moving all my stuff back from Austin was hell.  The driving part wasn't so bad, but the moving all the stuff down to my truck was the bitch.  It didn't help that everyone else (or so it seemed) had decided that they wanted to move out at the exact same time.  The only high point was that I only dropped something once.  Out of the five trips I made to my car.  Go me.  Then there was the paint ball splatter that was on my driver's door.  That was definitely no bueno.  But other than that, it was okay.

On Wednesday, I went to have lunch with Joanna and Amano at Cici's, after which we went shopping.  Shopping with Joanna is always an...experience, to say the least.  Lol.  I <3>

Then we went to see Star Trek!  I had been wanting to see it since the commercials for it had first come out and I must say that I was not at all disappointed!  I think Joanna got frustrated with Amano and me because we kept whispering and laughing during the movie.  But we still paid attention.  

Thursday, I worked on my room.  It used to be the junk room in Thomas's house, and boy did it look like it.  It doesn't help that about a third of mom's clothes are on the floor.  But I got it cleaned up as much as I could and relaxed the rest of the day.

On Friday morning, I went to Big Lots with Mom to buy me a dresser and two storage bins for my room and her a wardrobe.  I also found four movies (Spiderwick Chronicles, Penelope, Stardust and Snow White) for really cheap.  Only paid $20 for all of them.  I actually really like Big Lots, since they have furniture for pretty cheap.  And the dresser and wardrobe were hella heavy.  Mom and I unloaded them from the back of the truck and it was NOT easy.

Then, I embarked down to Karan's.  I hadn't see Karan and Daddy (together) for a very long time.  Close to a year.  And they have an annual cook-out for Memorial Day.  So I decided to join them.

When I got here, Mac and Ray were here helping pour and finish the concrete.  They left about an hour after I showed up and it was just me and Daddy.  We didn't really do anything, he had to work outside to get things ready for today, and there wasn't really anything I could do.  Not that he should have been doing anything either.  He had knee surgery on both knees a little more than a month ago.  But he was pushing the limits.  Like always.

Karan got back from work around 6, but was working outside almost as soon as she got back, so I didn't even see her until 7.  Then, we (Karan and I) went to Brookshire's to get stuff for today, leaving Daddy to get cleaned up so she could cut his hair.  After she finished his hair, we called in for pizza and put on Paul Blart:  Mall Cop.  Then I went to bed.  Sweet sweet bed.

Today, I woke up two hours later than I had planned.  When I finally got up, Karan had pretty much everything finished.  Around an hour later, Toni and Rudy Ray showed up.  They were the first.  I hadn't ever met them, or if I had I was too little to remember, so I had to introduce myself.  It is somewhat disconcerting for all these people to know who I am when I really don't know who they are, other than their names.  But I'm used to it.  Especially with Daddy's friends.  Toni and I hit if off right away.  Somehow we just clicked.  It might have been over the talk of motorcycles.  I love them and her and husband and ridden in on one.  But we just really got to talking.

Before a lot of other people showed up, Toni told me that if I wanted to ride on the motorcycle, Rudy would take me.  So I said yes.  It. Was. Amazing.  I absolutely love motorcycles.  And as corny as it sounds, the wind through my hair.  I know they're dangerous.  Probably better than a lot of other people.  But I really loved it.  And Mom.  He doesn't drink (or at least he wasn't today), he's been riding for 4 years and he knew what he was doing.  So don't worry.  As much at least.  It also makes me really want a motorcycle or scooter.  I just really like being in the open air.

After that, more and more people started showing up. Hack and Peggy, Larry (Daddy's lawyer) and Linda, JB and Emma (I think that's her name), Pete showed up for a little while, the other Linda, Kevin and Allison (Kevin's gf), Kristy, Kash and Heath (with Max, their ADORABLE little shorkie) and Darryl, Sheila and Kayla just showed up.  

Today has been really fun.  But I'm so tired.  The mix of unusual schedules, two Claritin and the heat just make me ready to pass out.  I think I might go take a nap.  But I think this is a good start to the summer.

1 comment: